The baby boomer generation is one of the largest and wealthiest in U.S. history. Currently, 12.9 percent of the American population is older, and by 2030, one in five Americans will be over 65. This generation is the wealthiest in American history, having collectively earned $3.7 trillion. This combination of numbers and wealth has led to the status of baby boomers as the nation’s biggest spenders. They make up more than half of all consumer spending in the U.S. As this generation enters senior citizen territory, it is essential that senior living options rise to the challenge of accommodating such a large and influential community.
The Rochester Jewish Home, Jewish Senior Life Rochester, is one of the agencies currently providing a variety of services to Rochester’s senior citizen community. Jewish Senior Life Rochester offers several levels of care, including independent senior living, assisted living, and long term care as well as community based services that allow seniors to remain in their own homes.
- The Summit at Brighton, Jewish Senior Life Rochester’s retirement community, offers the amenities that many of the senior apartments Rochester NY offer with the addition of first class services and award winning architecture. Each resident enjoys his or her own spacious apartment and the use of common areas for social interaction.
- Jewish Senior Life Rochester’s Assisted Living program operates at Wolk Manor, where residents live in comfortable apartments and enjoy common areas as well as personal support services and care for those who need assistance with day to day activities. Wolk Manor also offers respite stays for families who need some time away.
- The Jewish home rochester is a skilled nursing facility encapsulated by Jewish Senior Life Rochester and offers 362 beds for those needing long term care and transitional care after a hospitalization. The center also offers outpatient rehabilitation, memory care, adult day health care, and hospice care.
Jewish Senior Life Rochester is also well known in the community for its community based programs for seniors living at home. Included are
- Adult Day Health Care
- At Home Services
- Companion Services
- Geriatric Care Management
- Memory Support
- Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Physician House Calls
Sixty two percent of seniors say that maintenance will be the most important issue when they choose a place to live after retirement. Jewish Senior Life Rochester offers well maintained facilities and a wide range of services for the citizens of Rochester looking for care for older loved ones. Get more info here.